Spent ONLY $.07 out of pocket! Used $10 in RR’s but got back $8 in RR’s!
I’d heard recently that the Save $2 (or $4) on any 3 (or 6) Trident, Dentyne or Stride gum 3-pack bags, OR on any 3 bottles of Dentyne or Trident gum, OR on any 3 bags of Swedish Fish, Sour Patch (8 oz. or larger), or Halls coupons from the 8/8 SS insert worked on the single packs (18 ct.) of Trident gum this week at Walgreens. They are on sale for only $.50 each this week with the in-store Walgreens coupon in the September coupon booklet (found at the front of the store). I was a little hesitant to see if the Trident mfg. coupon would work on the single packs of Trident gum because of the wording on the coupon, but I thought I’d try it and see if it works.
As I was checking out, I asked the cashier about the coupon and she said that if the coupon scans, then they’ll take it! AND, I was so happy that the coupons worked without beeping! I’m guessing these coupons DO include the single packs of Trident gum (it’s all about the commas in the wording!)!? As you know, normally coupons at Walgreens are VERY picky and beep for just about everything (it seems) so I figured if the coupons beeped, I would just pass on the gum. But they went through with NO beeps! Yay! If you do buy the gum, I’d recommend buying 1 or 2 extra packs than what your mfg. coupons state just to cover the overage…just in case!
Here’s the breakdown of my Walgreens run -
- 14 packs of Trident Gum, on sale $1 each
Used the coupons in this order!
- Used (1) $4 off 6 Trident, Dentyne or Stride gum 3-pack bags, OR on any 3 bottles of Dentyne or Trident gum, OR on any 3 bags of Swedish Fish, Sour Patch (8 oz. or larger), or Halls coupon from the 8/8 SS insert
- Used (2) $2 off 3 Trident, Dentyne or Stride gum 3-pack bags, OR on any 3 bottles of Dentyne or Trident gum, OR on any 3 bags of Swedish Fish, Sour Patch (8 oz. or larger), or Halls coupons from the 8/8 SS insert
- Used (1) $1/2 Trident gum coupon from the Walgreens September Coupon booklet at front of store **deducts $.50 per pack of gum, so be sure to have something to cover the overage!**
- Final Cost = 14 FREE packs of gum + $1 overage!
- 2 Smucker’s Grape Jelly, on Clearance for $1.99 each (I was really needing some jelly for school lunches!)
- Final Cost = $3.98 for 2!
- 1 Breathe Right Strips, $4 = $4 RR
- Used (1) $1.50/1 Breathe Right Strips coupon from the 4/11 RP insert
- Paid $2.50, but got back $4 RR
- Final Cost = FREE + $1.50 money maker after RR!
- 1 CoffeeMate Stick Packs, on Clearance for $.90
- Used (1) $.55/1 any CoffeeMate product from the All You Magazine September issue
- 1 Carmex MoisturePlus lip balm, $2 = $2 RR
- Final Cost = FREE after RR!
- 1 Colgate Total toothpaste, $2.99 = $2 RR
- Used (1) $.75/1 any Colgate Toothpaste coupon from the 8/29 SS insert
- Paid $2.24, but got back $2 RR
- Final Cost = $.24 after RR!
Total Cost = $.07 Out of Pocket (after tax) after using a $10 RR and got back $8 in RR’s! Yay!